Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cinnamon Apples

One of the few cookbooks I have is '1,000 Lowfat Recipes', it's gigantic! ha One of the recipes i've been wanting to try for about a year now is the Cinnamon Apples. It's insanly easy to make I just never had enough apples for the dish. When we went shopping last week I told Frank to get enough apples so I could finally try this. The dish is pretty good, I should have sauted them longer though. They taste like softer apples with some flavor to them. We gave a little to the dogs and they LOVED them! ha They've been sitting in front of the counter for the last 10 minutes waiting for more. If you love apples and cinnamon you should try this =]



Ingredients
4 Granny Smith apples
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon[[I love cinnamon so I use lots!!]]
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons oil

Directions
Core and peel the apples. Cut each apple into about 10 wedges [[I ended up cutting each apple into 16 wedges]]. Toss with the sugar, cinnamon, and thyme. They call for salt but I don't add it, so if you'd like you would add it in right now. Heat the oil in a skillet, then saute the apples over medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes, until the apples soften but still retain their shape. Add 2 tablespoons water if softer apples are desired.

No comments: