Thursday, September 3, 2009

Egg Cassarole

One of our favorite dishes to make is the Hearty Egg Cassarole from 'In the Kitchen The COSTCO WAY' ironically we've never had it for breakfast ha. I took a picture but forgot to put the memory card in, so you can go here to check it out. What I love about this is that it's so simple to make, and you could easily add your own ingrediants. The best part, it makes LOTS of leftovers =] yum!

Ingrediants
Cooking Spray
1 28-ounce package frozen Southern-style hash potatoes, about 6 cups [[I use the whole bag]]
1 8-ounce package shredded sharp Chedder cheese (2 cups)
10 eggs, well beaten [[I use just under 2 cups of liquid egg whites]]
1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 cup skim or low-fat milk [[I always cook with Soy milk]]
2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard (optional)
1 teaspoon salt [[I try not to cook with salt! ick]]
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Sliced red onion (optional)
Parsley sprig (optional)
Mixed greens (optional)
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Evenly coat a 13-by-9-inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Evenly spread potatoes in the dish. Sprinkly with cheese.
In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sour cream, milk, mustard, salt and pepper until throughly blended. Pour over the potatoes.
Bake until puffed and browned and no visible liquid egg remains, about 45 minutes.
Garnish with onion and parsley, sevre with mixed greens (if desired).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds yummy! I even have this cookbook but I've never used it :) Now I have a reason to check it out.

Emily said...

I got the book for free about a year ago while walking into the store. I use this cookbook for just about half of the food I make. It's so good!!!