Thursday, October 8, 2009

Banana Bread

I haven't made Banana Bread in years, so when i decided that I was going to make a loaf I wanted one that was simply amazing! And this one definitely was. I found the recipe at 'For the love of cooking'. I should have read the first paragraph she wrote about making this, because she said that the loaf turned out small and that she would have to double the ingredients next time. Well I didn't read that part and was a little sad the loaf was small ha. I only let myself have two small slices... oh the temptation is hard! It's so good =} I'm sending it off with Frank tomorrow for the guys at his shop to enjoy... they love my baking!! ha It makes me feel special. I wanted to make another loaf to take to my upstairs neighbor, but I only have 1 banana left and it's for the banana cinnamon pancakes I'm making.


Ingredients
1 cup of flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
a dash of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf pan. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly, set aside.
2 ripe bananas
1 egg
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnut pieces [[I left out]]
Directions
In another bowl mash bananas, egg, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, melted butter and vanilla together and mix thoroughly. Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well. Once batter is well combine add walnuts and stir [[if using]]. Pour ingredients into prepared loaf pan. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before cutting. Serve while it's warm with butter. Enjoy!... and you will =]

No comments: