Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oh My New Favs!!!

This morning for breakfast we made Banana-Cinnamon Pancakes! The recipe was originally for waffles, but our waffle iron is horrible and the waffles turned out like crap. So I wanted to try again with pancakes. They were so unbelievably good : ) These are for sure my new favorite pancakes.
Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup buckwheat flour {I used wheat germ since I don't have buckwheat}
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup fat-free milk {or in my case soy milk}
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large eggs {I used egg beaters instead of egg whites, and it was still good}
1 large ripe banana, mashed
cooking spray

Directions
Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, flaxseed, and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine milk, butter, and eggs, stirring with a whisk; add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring until blended. Fold in mashed bananas. Preheat waffle iron {or in are case the griddle} coat with cooking spray. Cook however you're making them. You will totally enjoy them!

Last night for dinner I tried a new dish, I made baked potato soup {even though it was 85 yesterday ha}. OH MY OH MY I'M IN LOVE!! It was so fantasic I can't wait to have more of it for lunch. My picture isn't as good as the one from For the Love of cooking, but it was still so good. Oh and if you pair it with buttered potato bread it tastes just like a mashed potato sandwhich. Have any of you ever done that during Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner? That was like the highlight of my holiday dinners ha. I never was a fan of gravy so i'd put my mashed potatoes in the middle of my roll and devour it.. yum : ) You seriously have to check out this baked potato soup recipe.

1 comment:

Karine said...

Your pancakes sound delicious! Thanks for sharing :)