Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cowles Mountain

Today Frank and I took the pups over to Cowles Mountain for a good hike. This was Frank's first time going since he was working when I took my mom and Mikey. He really liked it, but would have loved it more if he was able to run up it. I made him stop about a dozen times so I could take pictures.. and BREATH! ha I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to make it to the top because I really wasn't sure how far up it was. Before we knew it we made it to the top!! Once we got up there it was unbelievably beautiful. You get a 360 degree view of San Diego County, and Mexico.. if you can tell. We did run a little here and there on the way down, but it was a little hard at times since I was trying not to fall and break a limb.


















And my two favorite from the whole hike...



Last night for dinner I made EGGPLANT PARMESAN from cookinglight.com. It was full of flavor, but I realized I didn't like eggplant ha. It was my first time trying it so I made a huge salad just incase that's all I would be eating for dinner. And i'm glad I had the back up cause the main dish ended up in the garbage! If you like eggplant though you really should try the recipe, you'll love it.

Tonight for dinner I made VEGETABLE SOUP WITH CHEESE TORTELINNI from For the Love of Cooking. It cured my craving for soup, but filled me up fast. Her homemade breadsticks would have gone nice with the soup.
I took pictures of the soup, but am too lazy to go get the camera and upload the pictures. It's just about 10:00 on a Friday night, that means its time for bed. I was talking to Frank early about how I never go out. I can't even remember the last time I went out on a Friday or Saturday night.. it's sad. I love the 2 friends I have, but a few more would be nice. Maybe some money as well!?? Instead I settle on listening to Delilah while Frank plays video games :]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like an awesome day! Beautiful pictures Emily! Love you guys,
Jen Porter

Haysel said...

love it!!!

Emily said...

Thank you Jen!!
Haysel, you'd love taking Tito on that hike. I'm just not too sure it's one you'd want to take the kids. People do have there kids up there.. not sure I would. The trails are really small and it's super easy to fall. I actually saw a few lady's who were carrying there babies in carries on there backs or front, I was like "UM NO WAY!" ha I'd be super scared of falling and hurting the baby.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are awesome motivation for me to keep working out, cause I want to see some of these places! I don't think I'd dig the whole eggplant thing either... :) I think that when I come down in July we'll have to all 3 go out on a Friday or Saturday night just so you can say you did!