Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What a wonderful day..

Don't you just love those days that are... GREAT {I was totally thinking Tony the tiger while writing that :)}. Last week the guys in Frank's command requested more cookies for the next day. I told him they'd have to wait till Tuesday since I didn't have enough ingredients and I was dieing to get a cookie scooper. I've been wanting one of those darn things for ages now but never seem to find one when I need it. I'd heard of this place called DISCOUNT COOKING, it's a cooking school/store. I've been oohing over there website for a few months now and since I'd had no luck at any other store trying to find a cookie scooper I knew it was time to try Discount Cooking.

This place was AMAZING! The staff was the nicest I'd ever met and so attentive and helpful, that alone made me want to go back. It was kinda  small store so it was a little packed but I didn't mind too much since it was packed with everything you could think of. I was a happy lady when I was able to pick out what size scooper I wanted, I'd been waiting for this day for quite some time. Yes I'm just that weird.
I don't know why but cookies are my favorite thing to make so trying to pack about 100 cookies using a spoon and shaking is no fun! I couldn't believe how fast I got done tonight while using the scooper. I've been deprived all these months.

While we were at the store I picked up one of those tea bag squeezer things. Not sure what they are called but they helped get the water and tea flavor from the bag.. I've just wanted one and I knew they'd have it.

To make my day even better I had my 6 month check up at the dentist. If I could afford it, I'd be there every month for a cleaning. No joke. Great looking teeth like always, the way I like it : )

To end the day we headed out to Fiesta Island in Mission Beach for a little play time. We haven't been to the beach in months since December and January weren't good months pain wise for me, along with the storms we had in January. Most the time when we did get out we just headed over to Mission Trails since it was closer. The craziest part was when we were pulling in to park I see a red 4runner and sure enough it's Ashley and Tony! They we leaving but pulled up and talked to us for awhile. We haven't seen them in months so it was nice to catch up. Molly and Ellie were going crazy wanting to get to the sandy beach. Moose and Charlie weren't sure they were coming or going. I was a little worried that both Molly and Ellie would try to start fights with other dogs since they've been going through this mean stage, but too my surprise they were pretty decent. They had a few moments of nastiness but all was good, they were just happy to be running around and swimming. I'll post those pictures tomorrow since it's already after midnight.

3 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

I could use a cookie scooper myself! I never can find anything at the PX here though.

d.a.r. said...

Oooh I am in dire need of a cookie scooper, haha! I can never convince myself that it is okay to spend money on one, but I know I would use it ALL of the time!

La Familia Workman said...

Have you started charging for those cookies yet?! We're supposed to make you rich by your baked goods, remember? I was supposed to work "Pro Bono". lol