Friday, March 5, 2010

Good Food, Good Friends

It's not often we get to see the Santacruz bunch. Trying to get together takes weeks of planning and re-planning. Erik is home for a few weeks and only had a few more days before he had to go back to Texas. So last night they made the trek down from Palmdale {NOT Palm Springs mom!}. We knew they would only be here for a few hours, which sucks but it's most definitely better than nothing.

The kids got to play with the dogs a little bit and Frank got to act like a kid. He loves it. You'd never know we hadn't seen each other in months. We headed out to BJ's for dinner then over to Coldstone for dessert... mmmm :) Sadly they had to leave. It's a 3 hour drive and Leiian had school in the morning. We had fun and were glad to see good friends. Haysel is planning a weekend trip down here with the kids so we can hopefully make it over to Sea World.

So fast forward to dinner tonight. I've been dieing to make past primavera from PW for a few weeks now. I had planned on making it last week, but it didn't end up happening. Then I was going to make it last night but Erik, Haysel and the kids came down {Frank told me they were coming down at the last minute} and since we don't have a table I didn't want them eating this meal sitting on the floor. I am so glad I finally was able to make this, it was amazing! It's not completely healthy since it has 1/2 cup half in half and 1/2 cup heavy cream. But man it's good. I definitely recommend this to anyone who loves veggies. So who wants to come do my dishes!?

4 comments:

Christina said...

that looks so good! man oh man

Whitney said...

Let me just say that my gracious sakes, your headers is beautiful! If that is what you see every day, well....consider me jealous! :)
And that pasta? Aye yie yie!

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

ooh, that looks good!

In This Wonderful Life said...

YUMMY!!