Monday, June 7, 2010

My date with Tim McGraw

Friday night Frank and I had an awesome date with Tim... one day he'll realize he's on it with me. Maybe not, but I can dream. This was Frank's first Tim McGraw concert and of course he loved it! How can you not. The show was at the Cricket Amphitheater in Chula Vista. Word of advice, the parking is horrid there! Worst EVER.

All in all it was a great date night, we don't have them often but when we do. They rock.

{Hopefully starting Monday Frank will be able to smile normal again!}





* * * * * * * * * *


Saturday Frank and I got to volunteer at the Rock N Roll expo. When I signed up for this I picked Saturday thinking that was the day of the race. I was so very happy to find out we'd be working the expo and that the race was Sunday morning. I found out volunteers had to be there at 3:30 this morning!! Yup no thank ha.

The marathon, half marathon and relay were all sold out! That's such an awesome thing since it helps bring a cure to leukemia and lymphoma. I hope to volunteer again next year :)


* * * * * * * * * *


Last night after the expo we went over and hung out with Mikey since it was hers and Mike's one year anniversary. Frank left to go do car stuff (boring!) so Mikey and myself just hung out. After going through the breakfast section on Pioneer Women we were both starving and decided to go to Ihop. Apparently this was Mikey's first late night Ihop stop so we made it a date! Frank showed up just as the waiter was taking our order. He's one lucky guy haha.

I hope I got everything.. I'm super rushed and when I'm rushed, I forget LOTS!

Happy Sunday!


4 comments:

Kelsey Claire said...

That sounds like fun! Was Lady A with him? They are coming to Dallas soon with Lady A as the opening act!

Anonymous said...

I remember our date with Tim & Faith... it was awesome.. He really knows how to play to the crowd. Glad you both had a good time
Love Mom

New Girl on Post said...

I LOVE Tim McGraw, but I've never got to see him in person.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a fantastic weekend! Marathon sounds super cool, as did the concert (even if I'm not necessarily a country fan) ;) Glad to hear you guys are still going out and about! And for a good cause!