Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Why we hated our last apartment...

Man charged with stabbing 2 at Virginia Beach night club

A Virginia Beach man has been arrested and charged in an incident in which two men were stabbed at a night club. Rafael Obes Hernandez, 29, is charged with two counts of malicious wounding and one count of revocation of probation. The incident happened around 1 a.m. Thursday at the Luxury Brown night club on Baker Road. Officers arriving at the scene found two men suffering from stab wounds. The men were transported to a local hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.

If you ever hear me or Frank complaining about our last apartment in Virginia, this is why. Our apartment was right across the street... we would have spent the evening watching this all unfold from our patio. Okay not really I would have been locked inside with all the curtains closed.

I can happily say I DO NOT miss The Hamptons :)

By the way, I was in Washington when I found the apartment if I would have seen it first there would have been no way I'd live there. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

3 comments:

The Voigts said...

Aah so creepy haha

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that's crazy. We've had some crazy violence going on up here too. Stabbings, shootings. It's a crazy world we live in.

Anonymous said...

I love my dead end road, with a field behind me... I spent how many nights at your place Virginia Emily, 2? and there was police activity both nights. During the day it didn't seem so bad, but those nights... Although, remember the night when the cops chased some guy to the end of our road "dummy thought it was a through street" and he ran into the tree trunk Mr Hayes used for a fence post.. Had the police dogs out that night. Smokey wanted to join the hunt and was pissed when we made her stay in the house. I think they found him in the black berry bushes out back, but that was a long time ago.. you must have been in 2nd or 3rd grade then.
Glad that crap doesn't happen often.. But Nick is right, there is way to much going on elsewhere around here. Some 40 yr old dude from Sultan killed his girlfriend and is trying to say it was a Wiccan ritual.. Bull s... true Wiccan's are not like that. he's just nuts..
ok... enough... I'm going to bed

Love Mom