Sunday, July 18, 2010

Spicy sun-dried tomato soup

You ever get tired of all the receipts you have, even if they are amazing. You just need something new? I was feeling that way last week while coming up with our food schedule for the week. I went searching online and found this site called Vegetarian Times. You really don't have to be vegetarian to like some of this stuff, just avoid the tofu!

Trying to find a vegetarian meal Frank will like, is not easy. He'll try stuff for me, but it's usually 50/50 if he will actually like it. I figured I'd be okay with soup so I made Spicy sun-dried tomato soup with white beans and swiss chard.


Mmm I LOVE the smell of olive oil, garlic and veggies cooking : ]

It was pretty easy to make, which is always nice. Fast with little clean up. Turned out pretty good, Frank said it was just okay, but didn't want anymore.


I thought it was pretty good, but I filled up on bread quick so I didn't eat much. Normally I do a salad with every dinner, but since I was out of lettuce I had Frank run up to Von's to get us some french bread to go with. Now when we get french bread it's not a good thing. It's gone within minutes. We have a huge love for it. It's also why we don't get it except for every few months when we need to feed our craving. Tonight was one of those nights.

This is what our table looked like...

Sadly that wasn't even all the bread, we had eaten about a 1/4 (or more) of it before I cut it up. Again this is why we DON'T have french bread in our house! Mmm it was some good bread :]

3 comments:

Kelsey Claire said...

That looks so yummy! I will have to try it!

Pam said...

The soup looks and sounds delicious.

Gwen said...

Yummmm! I LOVE homemade tomato soup!