Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Success!

I can't believe I've gone this long without posting any new receipts! It was a mixture of being lazy and just plain old forgetting. For the last few weeks I've had to remind myself to document what I was making.. and as you can see, that didn't happen. What a good receipt to start again on. Pioneer Woman's mac & cheese.

I made this once before a few months back, and it turned out horrible. It was my fault though, I was substituting to many things and mixing soy milk with regular. Bad all around. It wasn't the mac & cheese's fault so I gave it another try.

IT WAS AMAZING!!

{This is obviously NOT my picture! I borrowed it from Ree over at The Pioneer Woman. Make sure to check her out.}

You can go here to drool over it. There were a few things I still did differently. I never use whole milk, Frank drinks low-fat (I think, I never pay attention since I don't drink it) and it was just fine. I also did not use heaping teaspoons of dry mustard like she suggests. That's just too much for me, let alone Frank who doesn't even like mustard. It still turned out mouth watering good! I invited Mikey over since it makes so much. I had leftovers, I sent her home with some and I sent Frank to work with the largest container we have full for him and everyone on mid-check.

I seriously can't wait to make this again now that I've made it the right way. Ree never disappoints.

2 comments:

Kelsey Claire said...

That looks oh so yummy!

Unknown said...

that looks amazing, love pioneer woman - or p-dub, as my friends and call her :)

thanks for the tip about the dog food, i didn't know that!