Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Black bean and fusilli

Tonight for dinner I tried out an easy quick dish, black beans and fusilli. This is the original recipe...

1 (8-ounce) package fusilli or gemelli pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
3/4 cup thinly sliced oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled

In large saucepan, bring salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender, about 6 minutes. Add drained and rinsed beans. Drain pasta and add to skillet along with 1/3 cup cooking liquid. Add tomatoes and simmer for 3 minutes.

Add cheese and serve immediately.

I didn't use onions and I couldn't find sun dried tomatoes in oil. So instead after I mixed everything together I topped it with a little olive oil. It turned out good! The feta was enough to add flavor for me... But then again I love feta : )

Super easy, tasty dish and I am able to cook it in our little kitchenette.

No comments: