Thursday, March 28, 2013

Update in pictures

This post is long over due! I have been trying to write it up for a few weeks now but something always seems to get in the way. Since there is just too much to share at once I am going the easy route and doing bullet points :]

about a month ago I volunteered with the Red Cross at the base Elementary school for the Pre-Deployment fair that is put on every year.



 
 
I also volunteered for the 10k/half marathon about a week or two later. I volunteered on behalf of AESA.
 


I became the new volunteer coordinator at The Red Cross :]

{on my way to work with my backpack ha I bike}

{Our latest event today, March is Red Cross month}

I got a job at the gym! I am loving it :]


I am running for the Vice President of AESA (Atsugi Enlisted Spouses Association). They invited all the nominees to attended the Single Sailor Dinner they were putting on so we could get to know more people. Normally only those on each committee attend the events. I had a lot of fun with this one since I had desperately wanted to be apart of this committee (I didn't get to the sign up in time).





Sakura (Cherry Blossom) season is going right now! I have not edited any of these and since I don't know how to set the right setting yet the lighting isn't the best.







Almost forgot about my girls day to Yokosuka with friends :] Our bike ride to the train station had to be the funnest thing ever! It was crazy windy out so we could barely stay on our bikes. It was insane, best way to put it ha.





I could post random pictures of the dogs... but then I'm sure this would never load! I think I got everything for the last few weeks. Now that that is done I am going to go finish my Orange, banana, berry sorbet Frank made me in the Vitamix.

2 comments:

Krystle Minerich said...

Wow looks like you keep yourself pretty busy volunteering, that's awesome! It's good to see more people being selfless and giving back to the communities in which they live. Good luck on running for VP!

I love your sakura pics. I'm so glad I was in Japan while they were in full bloom :) it's really brightened everyone's mood. I'm planning on getting a sakura tattoo to symbolize my adventure studying abroad.

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures and I'm very proud of you for all that you are stepping out to do while in Atsugi... :) One question.. was it as windy as that day in Dallas when my hair was standing straight up above my head? :) Love Mom